[filmscanners] SS120 Glass holder

I have seen a few posts regarding the holder and wanted to gauge others
opinions about its effects on scanned images:

I have used the holder since it was released; mainly to hold the film flat
and to enable full frame scans without carving the edges of the other
holders. I quickly found that the anti-newton glass created a mosaic/pattern
(for want of a better description) on scans - this is much more pronounced
on negatives than transparencies. Has anyone else experienced this? I now
only use the holder in desperate situations and have found it to be an
expensive waste of space..... I have printed the images (up to 40x30inch)
and compared to images that were scanned without the glass holder the effect
isn't immediately noticed but under careful inspection it can clearly be
seen - since I noticed this I haven't really used the holder....

Any thoughts?

Craig

Craig Auckland | Photographer

[ Telephone ] +44 (0)7930 337 226
[ Facsimile ] +44 (0)7931 607 428
[ Electronic mail ] craig@aucklandphotographer.co.uk
[ Online portfolio ] www.aucklandphotographer.co.uk

The studio, 17 Elton Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1NG, UK