[filmscanners] RE: 8bits vs. 16bits/channel: cantheeyeseethedifference

Anthony,

> Spaital information and tonal information are basically equivalent to each
> other.

Then I believe your definition of spatial information is skewed.  Spatial
information refers to the XY relationship of the data.  It has not a wit to
do with tonality, it has to do with, well, space.  An image of 2k x 3k,
whether it uses 2 bits/pixel of 20 bits/pixel is the same spatially.

Spatial - Of, relating to, involving, or having the nature of space.

Tone has nothing to do with space.

> If you change a  16bit image to 8bit, you can just use two
> pixels to
> represent the old one and you do not lose any information. Is my statement
> true, yes or no?

No.  16 bit image is 16 bits/color.  Whether it's 16 bits/color or 8
bits/color, a pixel is a pixel.

I believe you are missing something in your understanding...

Regards,

Austin