[filmscanners] scanning 'dark brown' colours from a negative?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] scanning 'dark brown' colours from a negative?
  • From: "Dieder Bylsma" <scanners@spacemoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:25:01 -0800

I've noticed in the photos that I take and scan that if there is any
particular type of colour that is apt to get mangled in bizarre ways
that it's the colour of dark brown. Most often, dead leaves, or
exposed dark brown soil will somehow render itself as a deep magenta
colour. Is there any rhyme or reason to why this would be the case?

As I understand colours, brown really is a dark dark orange, so how
it gets to be a deep (and somewhat bright) magenta beats me. Any
ideas?

Dieder