[filmscanners] Re: SS120 - getting dust out

What you may be seeing is poorly kept chemicals from the lab.  SOme of
this stuff is just dirt, processing components from other rolls, sludge
that accumulates in the tanks, even poorly filtered water, and all of
this can end up embedded into the emulsion, so no amount of dry cleaning
(and sometimes even wet cleaning) can remove it.

Sometimes its residue that adheres to the film during storage, and
sometimes it is fungus or molds.

This is where dICE or Polaroid's dust remover software come into use.

Art