[filmscanners] RE: SS120 - getting dust out

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: SS120 - getting dust out
  • From: "" <mark@grafphoto.com>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:44:09 -0700

Barbara;
I have had pretty good success with using a sequence of steps prior to
scanning;
1) Use Staticmaster anti-static brush on both sides of slide
2) Use a ZeroStat anti-static gun on both sides of the slide
3) Finally give the slide a few puffs of air on each side.  (Dust-Off)

This seems to eliminate the majority of the dust spots - maybe 70-90%
depending on how bad it is to start with.

Mark