[filmscanners] RE: PS & JPEG2000

> From: Julian Robinson
>
> I guess what I am saying is that you would be better off with the free one
> - why stick with Adobe's just because you paid for it?  (I assume the jp2
> plug-in is separate from the RAW plug-in).

I'm not going to use it for saving. Fortunately, PS lets you specify the one
to use for saving, even if both are installed, because they have different
names.

> BTW the lurawave I got to use with Irfanview will only save as 8-bit which
> is a bit of a problem. i.e. if you save a 16 bit image, you get an 8-bit
> result.   I assume this is a 'feature' of Irfanview, not lurawave.

The current version of the LuraWave JPEG2000 plugin does indeed support
16bpc files, with embedded profiles. It doesn't have quite as many options
as the Adobe one, but I don't know what all those options really mean,
anyway. The LuraWave one works great, and is quite fast.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco