[filmscanners] RE: OT - Epson 1270 ink "monitor"...

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: OT - Epson 1270 ink "monitor"...
  • From: "Lucans, Gunars" <gunars@spss.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:24:58 -0600

The Epson inkjet resources web page has a section on this.  Go to:

        http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet

and select the "Unk levels" link.  Here's the description for the 1270:

Ranking of amount of ink various paper settings use on 1270

Most to least
--------------
Photo paper
Backlight Film
Glossy film
Premium Quality Inkjet Paper
Premium glossy Photo Paper
Plain paper
Matte Heavy Weight Paper

as measured on a Densitometer using 0,0,0 and 5,5,5 and 30,30,30 patches on
02-05-2001.
A couple of the papers cross over each other at different ranges in RGB values.
 It is
recommended you print Dan Cubertson's CMYK RGB gradients with each media
setting on your
particular printer on your particular paper stock and observe the evenness of
the step
wedges.