[filmscanners] Re: OT - Epson 1280 ink "monitor"...

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: OT - Epson 1280 ink "monitor"...
  • From: "" <nick.grasso@hrads.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:24:14 -0500

>> There is a way tofool it into thinking the cartridge is
>> full if it decides to not let you print at all.
>> In fact, there is usually 25% ink left in the color cartridge
>> when it says it's out, so I do this all the time.

> And that way is???......   ;-)

See the following link:
http://medlem.spray.se/chipreset/new.htm

I do this all the time and it only takes a minute or two.  Of course you then
run the risk of one color running out in the middle of a big print. Also, I
should mention that one or two people claim that it is not a good idea to let
the cartridge run dry, although when pressed they could not come up with a
reason. I have never had a problem - when one of the colors runs out, I just pop
in a new cart and run one or two cleaning cycles and everything is fine. One way
around this is to just keep printing until the levels say 75% and then put in
the new cart. Obviously you can also do this with the black cart.

I'm sorry for the off-topic posts. If anybody wants any more info, please email
me privately. Also, anyone with an Epson printer should subscribe to the Yahoo
EPSONx7x_Printers list (it is for all Epson printers, not just the x7x series).

Nick