From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Frank Paris
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 8:26 PM
To: TMaugham@yahoo.com
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: SS4000 Slide holders/won't scan last slide

I use VueScan but also tried it with Polacolor, with exactly the same
results. My slide holders came directly from Polaroid about 3 months ago
and have the dials. Could be my SS4000 needs some kind of service, but
who could provide it? I've probably put 10,000 slides through it the
last couple years. Seems like that's all I do with my spare time: scan
slides all week that I take on the weekend, or dig into old slides I
took as long ago as 35 years. Haven't done it since Christmas, though.
Nice break, since I'm bloody tired of it. Can't wait until they come out
with a full frame SLR with a 12x18 mm, 16 megapixel sensor and lenses
1/8 the weight of 35mm lens, body less than $1,000 and prime lenses half
the price of my Nikon primes. Then I will have fun kicking my SS4000
into the street and selling my dozen or so Nikon lenses up on Ebay,
where by then they will be worthless and "arcane".

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net