[filmscanners] Nikon LS4000 scanning techniques

Hi Everyone,

I have a number of questions

What does the auto exposure do with Nikon Scan 3.1?

What is the best way to scan with Nikon Scan?

The reason I ask is that Nikon Scan is much faster than Vuescan, and
although I like and use Vuescan for high quality results, I also like
speed when scanning for the web etc.

I tried turning the Auto exposure off on Nikon scan and it gave good
results which could be adjusted in Photoshop, then one day it started
blowing out the high lights, so I switched it back on, but it doesn't
adjust levels, so what does it do and why is there the option to switch
it off?

I'm also interested in other peoples work flow using Nikon scan.

Any help will be greatfuly recieved,

Regards

Simon