[filmscanners] Re: Digital camera topics on this list (was:

Frank Paris wrote:

>  I'll bet there's no other list in the world that is more
> qualified to observe and comment on an "encroachment" that would
> naturally be of high interest to anyone interested in capturing
> state-of-the-art digital images.

There's no problem discussing that sort of thing here, it has a
filmscanning context and relevance. Comment from people who are placed to
directly compare both media without prejudice, and know what they are
talking about, would be welcome.

What I (and everybody who replied to my requests for email feedback) don't
want is standalone digicam penis-envy, Canon vs. Nikon wars, questions
about processing RAW files, interminable obtuse arguments about the quantum
efficiency or bokeh contribution of CMOS vs. CCD vs. Foveon, or 'where can
I get a 1DS for $4000?'.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk