[filmscanners] Re: Autofocus-problems of Nikon LS-4000 with SF200

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Autofocus-problems of Nikon LS-4000 with SF200
  • From: "Rob Geraghty" <robg@wordweb.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:32:38 +1000

> > The scanner is in the upright position!!! Yes, it's that simple!!!

Which is the "upright" position?  My LS30 is currently sitting on it's
"side" so that the words "Nikon Coolscan III" read horizontally across the
top.  I have used it in the other orientation, but I found that the film
strip holder's weight tended to cause it to sit skewed in the slide adaptor.
Consequently, I was having to rotate the scans to correct the error.  I
think I preferred the scanner "horizontal" (so the film plane is vertical)
because the dust then wouldn't naturally fall onto the mirror/lenses.
However, I then had to deal with the alignment problem. :(

Rob