From: "Nagaraj, Ramesh" <Ramesh.Nagaraj@ca.com>
To: <karlsch@earthlink.net>
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 6:40 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Canon IDs vs Pentax 67II

Andre wrote:

> This one will spark heated debate...
>
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/shootout.shtml

I am not a professional and have not done any tests, but heard & read about
this.
There has been a great deal of discussion going on about same article in
Pentax Discussion Mailing List.
I agree with the some of PDML members that this is comparison of Scanner v/s
Digital Camera.

I am curious to know about other ways of comparing the DSLRs and Film/slide.
I think you can compare them both
theorically and practically (means comparing the output. Example: Print).

In "practical" way of comparing, out put from DSLR and Film/Slide are
converted to some other form(Print) and then
compared. This is not a direct comparison of DSLR v/s Film/Slide. Other than
using print as for comparison,
I do not know any other (experimental)way of comparing it.

Thanks
Ramesh