[filmscanners] Re: DSLRs, film scans and color (was: is this aboutas good asitgets?)

Bob Shomler wrote:
> How does one define "accurate?"  DSLRs can yield good color.  I use
 > both a Canon D60 digital camera and film cameras.  I'll frequently
 > perform tonal and color editing operations on image files from the
> Bob Shomler
> www.shomler.com
>
> PS.  For some examples, the images on my Raptors (owls and hawks)

adorable pictures. member of the RSPB. jealous :)

> web page all are from the D60, daylight; images on The Nutcracker
 > (dance photos web pages) are a mix of film and D60, indoor
 > theatre-stage lighting.

The stage pictures are excellent - colour wise and composition,
as someone who used to do this kind of work ... well, Im yet again
jealous. (3200 ASA/B&W)

With film, what lens/exposure/film rating are you working at,
what film? And how the hell do you get the colour out so effectively!!

Of course, being there and having memory of the scene must help.
And if its negative film, do the prints do the negatives justice?
Or is it the scanning that gets the full effect?

bert