[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 26 Jan, 2003

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 26 Jan, 2003
  • From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:14:10 -0600

"Most cities have suppliers of assorted gas in gas canisters.  Some of
these companies charge a rental or deposit on the cylinder, and the gas "
Actually, I'm quite familiar with the subject, as my wife is the owner of
one of the largest non-manufacturing users of welding gasses in our state.
(no, I don't pay rental on the cylinder) OK, it's a small state, but
still...

There is very little use of nitrogen in 10 and 20 pound cylinders, so it
isn't usually a stock item, except in the major suppliers. The 20 pound
aluminum cylinder used for CO2, on the other hand, is quite common, as it is
used in many restaurants for soda machines, and is cheap and readily
available. It is also quite easy to handle. (as an example, a 10 pound steel
cylinder is heavier empty than a 20 pound cylinder full) I can get CO2 on an
exchange basis  6 days a week.

This is why, when there were airbrush artists doing photo retouching, CO2
was the standard.

Bill Pearce