[filmscanners] Re: OT-Restoring rubber rollers on printers...

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: OT-Restoring rubber rollers on printers...
  • From: "Rob Geraghty" <robg@wordweb.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:19 +1000

"Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations for something to use to restore the rubber
> rollers on an aging printer?  I am just looking for something like a fluid
> that will restore the elasticity of the rollers so it'll grab the paper
> better.  Sometimes it mis-feeds now, as the rollers are a bit hard and
dry.
> No cracking though.

I wish I still had the TEAC tape cleaning kit I had back in the early 80's.
I have no idea what the rubber cleaner was that was in it, but it removed
all manner of junk from cassette and RTR pinch rollers, and did a brilliant
job of restoring the rubber to a useful condition.  I imagine the same stuff
would work wonders on printer rollers.  Maybe someone else on the list
remembers what the product is?  I just remember it reeked and was NOT the
basic alcohol most cleaners use.

Rob