[filmscanners] Re: Canned air...

For fine detail, I use a Thayer and Chandler (I think that's how its
spelled...) but it's hard to get anything but the most finely ground
filtered acrylics through it.  It is usually used for dyes and
lightweight inks. But some of the best product today comes out of Japan
and Asia.  Since I bought my equipment many years ago, I'm not up to
date on the newer brands (at least newer to North America)  I do know
some of the Japanese products looked very nicely made. I suspect
companies like Pache aren't at the top of the pack anymore.  The one
thing I do like about the model I have is that it is early to dismantle
for cleaning.

What you plan on putting through the brush has a lot to do with which
type and model is most appropriate.  However, dual action is important
for control.  This gives you separate controls over air pressure/volume
and pigment/paint mix.  Single action brushes have continual set air
pressure/volume (at the brush) and you only control the paint flow.

Art