[filmscanners] Re: Canned air...

I did further research on 1,1-difluorethane, and the toxicity is not
considered very high.  It can cause a "drunkenness" if concentrations
are high enough to replace oxygen and in concentrations like 500,000
parts per million it can be toxic.  They even suggest 50,000 parts per
million not likely to have any permanent effect.

The warnings are there mainly because some people like to abuse
propellants by breathing them via a plastic bag, etc, and indeed you can
freeze a lung or poison yourself that way, so they want people to take
extra heed.  Under normal use, the EPA and OSHA and several other
reports I read consider this propellant one of the safer ones.

Again, I do not wish to promote these propellant based dust removers, as
I think compressed air is a better alternative.  Also, consider the
implications of the manufacturing of these halogenated gases, and the
toss away cans, etc.

Art