[filmscanners] RE: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digestfor Fri 17 Jan, 2003

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digestfor Fri 17 Jan, 2003
  • From: "Steven Kefford" <Steven.Kefford@Parsec.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:31:46 -0000

> Hello,
>
> Can someone give me some tips/instruction on the best way to remove
> lint/hair/dust from slides. I seem to just move it around and have not
> succeeded at getting a really "clean" scan. Also, best way to
> get any dust
> out of inside of Nikon scanner.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Vicki
> ...in western Montana

I have recently bought a Staticmaster brush, but have not yet used it. I
intend to do so this weekend. This combined with an air blower is supposed
to do the trick. The brush removes the static from the film, and then the
dust should just fall off. There are other solutions available, but the key
is to remove the static.

Steve