[filmscanners] RE: Newish Digital Tech

>Also, this issue about “%100 of the light” keeps being stated by most
>everyone who “champions” the Foveon.  Even if it were true, it’s a matter of
>significance.  I do not believe it is a significant issue at all.  People
>can claim it is, but no one has yet to make any sense as to why, or shoe
>evidence of it being so.  The low light performance of the Foveon is not
>very good, in fact.  I believe if it is an issue at all, it is a VERY minor
>issue.
>
>Regards,
>
>Austin

I am sure that your understanding of the issues is greater than mine.
However one of the tests done by dpreview.com is ISO sensitivity and
noise.  The side by side frames they show seem to indicate that the
Canon D60 and EOS 1Ds both have a similar noise floor at high ASA
while the Foveon chip in the Sigma has much less noise than either of
the Canons at similar low light settings.  Or are you talking about
something else.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California