[filmscanners] Re: high speed USB vs low speed

> This would be 12 Mb/s.
>
> My mother board was recently(six months ago) installed.  It is a P4 Titan
> 533:  6 USB 1.1 Ports
> (2 x Rear, 4 x Front by cable)
>
> How do I determine whether it is the 12 Mb/s USB or the slower 1.5 Mb/s USB?
> Thanks for the help.    Dale

Ill attempt to correct/ add mud.

USB 1.1 is what you have, it does both 12Mb and 1.5Mb. This
is the current common standard, but its coming to the end
of its life. Most motherboards manufactured in the last
3 months are USB 2.0 - which can do 400Mb/s - a move to
combat Firewire (Apple) by Intel.

You might be lucky and have a 2.0 motherboard that was
one of the very earliest, but 6 months ago things were
only in the prototype stage for USB 2. Check the manufacturers
site in case.

bert