[filmscanners] Re: a bit OT, but still important...

> Correct me if i'm wrong but don't ultra-short focal lengths on small dig
> formats look the same as 'standard' focal lengths on standard sized
> formats??? Are you talking about a DOF issue?

Yes, exactly, it gives the photo a very different look. But it seems more
apparent to me on TV, when seeing a film or something that looks somehow
strange, it often turns out to be shot with digital equipment.

> How can you feel you are working with obsolete material when you clearly
> said MF rules. Surely it's only obsolete if there is something out there
> that does it better.

People are giving me the feeling ... the industry, other photographers. To
me personally, film could go on forever. But if you're always hearing film
is dead, or almost dead, and how wonderful digital is, one starts to
believe, even if you know better.

Regards

Mike