[filmscanners] Re: Correct/best methods of scanning

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Correct/best methods of scanning
  • From: "K2 Chittin" <k2lists@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 11:41:25 +0000

Craig

I own a SS4000 and scan at full resolution and then downsize in Photoshop.
This is purely because I have heard or read somewhere that it's best to scan
at the scanner's native resolution and do any resampling using Photoshop's
bicubic produces better results.

However, I've not bothered to do any tests.

I suspect it all depends on the quality of the scanning software.  Scanning
at the highest resolution you will ever need certainly would save some time.
  However, the SS4000 is fast enough even for a full res scan that I usually
don't think about it.  If memory serves me right, you own a SS120 (I've been
off the list for quite a while).  What's the full res scanning time like on
that for medium format?

K2