From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of
hinkey@seanet.com
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 4:13 PM
To: cdober@ev1.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: SprintScan 4000 cleaning

Two questions:

What's the best way to determine if your mirror needs to be cleaned?

- and -

Any way you could post the steps you went through to get to the mirror,
clean it, etc. so that others that own this nice scanner won't have as
much of a learning curve as you had to go through?

Obviously I have one myself, and, at times, I've noticed some things in
the scans that made think it needs some maintenance while other times it
seems to still do an excellent job after ~2.5 years of use.

Thanks -

John Hinkey
Seattle, WA, USA