[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid SS4000 - Viewscan

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:53:02 -0700  John Rossi (cjrossi1942@attbi.com)
wrote:

> The preview time sounds about right

Yes, same here - takes an unreasonably long time juggling about
doing calibration really, but it always has.

> Perhaps the prescan time in VS can
> be
> reduced

It lengthens prescan time, but saves most of the scan time if you do the
prescan at 4000ppi. 'Scan' then just becomes a memory process, Vuescan does
not have to make another pass at the film.

OTOH I quite often prescan before deciding whether or not the frame merits
a scan, so more time is wasted if I decide not to bother.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk