[filmscanners] Re: CD labels

I just noticed this model at my dealer also and wondered how it worked.

I just read the full Tom's Hardware report.  It "tattoos" the disk only
in an area which is unused for data, after the table of contents is laid
down, so it "seals" the disk from further data being added, and a
certain amount of the disk storage space is wasted.  The larger the
Tattoo, the more unused space must be available, and it adds
considerable time to the burning process.  Otherwise, it seems pretty
interesting, and I could even see someone making a bit of extra income
creating personalized and "art" CD-R images.

Art