[filmscanners] Re: How to label CD backups

>Does anyone have an evidence-based idea of what is allowable and what is
>not when it comes to labelling CDs used for backing up my images?
>
>Generally stick-on labels are frowned upon for long term storage, and also
>tends to take too long. This leaves writing on the CD with a pen.
>
>The information I have found is contradictory - see below - some saying
>water-based felt pen, others oil based, or to use alcohol based but not
>solvent based...  What is alcohol of it is not a solvent?
>
>I have not found any pens specifically for the purpose here, and I do want
>to write on more than the center clear area.  Everyone agrees you should
>only use felt-tipped, but WHICH felt-tipped?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Julian

Hi Julian:

I have no real info on what to write on the surface, but if you write
on the inner plastic, as I do(with a Sharpie), you can be assured not
to cause any problems.

All the best!

Andrew Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International - www.andrewdarlow.com
Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)