From: "Laurie Solomon" <laurie@advancenet.net>
To: <karlsch@earthlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 8:51 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders - CRTs vs
LCDs

Karl,
This is in no way meant to be taken as an attempt to refute you or take a
counter position.  I am  willing to accept your explanation.  All I was
saying was that in my experience limited as it may be I found that working
with LCD displays after a while for whatever reason tended to be hard on my
eyes both in terms of focusing and in terms of eye strain with respect to
viewing and owrking with image files.  Of course, I am perfectly willing to
admit that it may be caused by my eyes, my glasses, monitor contrast levels,
or environmental lighting conditions.  I just wanted to make it clear that
while I did ask for reasons or sources for the claims that were made and
appreciate the responses I still was only really expressing my experiences
with LCDs as the basis for my comments on not finding them less painful on
my eyes.