[filmscanners] Re: FOCUS AND "FLOU" PROBLEMS IN NIKON LS 2000

Hi Jorge,

The problem you report and show is most likely caused by contamination
of the optical pathway with smoke, grease, dust or dirt.  If the scanner
is in an area with cigarette smokers, industrial vapors, or dust, it
tends to build up on the mirror and or lenses, and this causes the
"flaring" you are seeing.

There are some people on this list who own the same unit and may be able
to explain how you can go about opening and cleaning the scanner.

Art