[filmscanners] Re: FS2710 & WinXP

Your situation was the same as mine with 98/FS2710
and a move to XP.

No real problems with it. You will need to install
ASPI (from Adaptec) to get it recognised, but
fabulous Canon dont actaully support it on
XP - it appears as an unknown on XPs device
manager, and CanoScan doesnt see it  - so you
need to use something else to do the scanning.
Personally, and within this group, I think that
Vuescan from Ed Hamrick is far superior to
Canoscan anyway - it costs, but its worth it
for the superior results. A demo can be used
just for testing.

Vuescan and Aspi can be found here:
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm

bert