[filmscanners] Re: New version - SilverFast 6.0

Having seen a previous notice on, I think, MacInTouch.com and having
put off some 35mm film and slide scanning on my Polaroid SS 4000 (not
the "Plus"), I upgraded from Silverfast Ai 5.5 to 6.0 on the 4000 and
like it better so far.

But then found that Silverfast 5.2 would no longer make my Epson
836XL flatbed scanner work beyond the pre-scan stage. Lasersoft
suggested I re-install 5.2 or upgrade it to 6 also. I upgraded it to
6 too, and the flatbed began to work again. I don't know whether the
re-install would have worked.

All of what little scanning I've so far done with Laserfast 6, was
done at 16-bits and the maximum optical resolutions (4000 and 800).
If I start to save such large files, I'll soon have to add a second
relatively large hard drive. But I think I probably should anyway
incidental to upgrading to Jaguar/MacOS10.2 so I can continue to scan
and print with OS9 on its own drive.

Sam