[filmscanners] RE: Suggestions for scanning 4x5 transparencies

Ok, that is a little clearer.  However, to be picky the resizing of the 4000
dpi image did not technically resample the image in accordance with what you
claimed but it did change the effective resolution.  In this case, in
contrast to my assumption, the resizing was upward rather than downward so
the effective resolution was reduced as you say.  Since we had been talking
about 4x5 originals initially and later medium format was brought into the
discussion, I must have gotten confused and blinded to the fact that the
original could have been a scan from a 35mm.  I also did not anticipate from
your comments that you took a snippet that the scanned image had been
resized prior so as to produce an effective 400 dpi prior to snipping the
section.

I apologize for my confusion.

filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk <> wrote:
> Laurie,
>
> The images were resized first. The 4000 dpi 35mm scan, at about
> 1.3x0.8 inches, was resized by reducing resolution to 400 without
> resampling, yielding obviously a 13 x 8 in image. After saving, I
> then took that image and resampled it to 360 dpi without changing
> dimensions.
>
> Finally, I just cut out a small section of each image for printing
> purposes but took care not to resample. Before printing, I confirmed
> that PS7 showed the 400dpi and the 360dpi values were retained.
>
> I believe the results are reliable.
>
> Stan

90,120,150,180,210,240,270,300,330,360,390,420,450,480,510,540,570,600,630,6