[filmscanners] Printer colour management

Wonder if anyone can help me here please. Printer colour management in Windows
(98SE) appears to have stopped working for me. I have had a pretty good
workflow going for my Epson printing, from PS, for the last year or two, but
all of a sudden my prints became noticeably lighter and desaturated.

I have now established that selecting ICM, which I normally use, in the printer
driver makes no difference. Previously it changed the gamma and saturation very
obviously. I've reinstalled the printer driver and PS, but nothing changed. Has
anyone any suggestions as to where to look (files etc) in Windows to sort it
out? Where exactly is the colour management done? I want to avoid reinstalling
W98 if possible. Thanks.

Colin Maddock