From: <snsok@cox.net>
To: <am1000@videotron.ca>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 5:23 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Suggestions for scanning 4x5 transparencies

By stating a factor of 8, are you saying that a 300 ppi file would be the
minimum acceptable ( 2400/8)?

Stan

You wrote:

------------------------------

This kind of remind me of the enlarging lens debate. Which lens to choose.
If I remember correctly, some lens in the Rodenstock line were good for up
to 6 times negative size, others up to 8 times negatives size and then there
was one lens that you could make 20x24 prints from a 35mm negative.

And then, there was the APO lens. All depended on your intended output and
budget.

The Epson 2450 scanner is a good choice if your intended output does not
exceed 8 times negative size.
Hope that helps
Andre

or body