[filmscanners] Re: Suggestions for scanning 4x5 transparencies

Put another way, is it silly/unwise/profligate to spend more on a scanner
than the $399 or so for a 2450 if the printing device will be something like
a 2200 inkjet?

Stan
------------------------------

This kind of remind me of the enlarging lens debate. Which lens to choose.
If I remember correctly, some lens in the Rodenstock line were good for up
to 6 times negative size, others up to 8 times negatives size and then there
was one lens that you could make 20x24 prints from a 35mm negative.

And then, there was the APO lens. All depended on your intended output and
budget.

The Epson 2450 scanner is a good choice if your intended output does not
exceed 8 times negative size.
Hope that helps
Andre