[filmscanners] My interest is Film Scanners!

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] My interest is Film Scanners!
  • From: "Geoff Clack" <geoffc@adept-design.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:15:32 +0100

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:45:20 +0200, <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

>There are precious few programmers whom I'd consider true software
>engineers.  For example, I expect a software engineer to be able to compose
>a paragraph without grammar or spelling errors, and most programmers cannot
>do that.

Shouldn't that be 'grammatical or spelling errors'? :-)

Forgive me, but I've just spent far too much time working through
filmscanners Digest for Fri 25 Oct, 2002, all 229k of it, in the hope
learning about filmscanners. I can't say that the experience has been
helpful.

With a little list discipline the task would have been much easier.
Example (picked at random): Why did Laurie find it necessary to
repeat all of Tony's contribution of Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:28 +0100
(BST) in his Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:22:56 -0500 response? Etc., etc.

And why, when Tony (I wouldn't want his job) requested that people
rein in their hobby horses have they kept on at full gallop?

OK, so I'm an upstart newcomer (you were at one time). But I have a
job to do and I can't afford to waste time.

Ah well, back to Photoshop. Must remember to convert to CMYK before
saving the TIFs.

Regards

Geoff.

PS. My business partner's interest in computers is limited to where
the on/off switch is. His use of programs/applications is intuitive.
Unencumbered by technical knowledge he is by far the most productive
and original designer that I know. Think about it.