ôÁÂÁË ÄÌÑ ÓÁÍÏËÒÕÔÏË ÎÁ ÒÁÚ×ÅÓ ÒÁÚ×ÅÓ ÔÁÂÁËÁ.

[filmscanners] RE: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

With all respect, what you say may have been true in the US a year or two
ago but not necessarily now unless you are looking at an exceptionally bad
low priced package deal.  However, it stil may be the case in France or
other parts of the world.  Most of the desktop machines that I have seen for
sale at under $1000 in the big box discount stores have ADM 2000-2200 GHz XP
or Pentium IV 2.0 -2.4 GHz CPUs with a minimum of 128 MB to 256 MB RAM, a 40
to 80 MB 7200rpm hard drive with a 2MB cache which can be upgraded to a
large harddrive for a small additional fee, and a 17 to 19 inch color
display monitor which is also ugradable for a small additional fee although
the quality of those monitors may be questionable.