[filmscanners] Re: Bugbear virus

As I understand this situation, older versions of some email readers
automatically opened MIME attachments.  If the Bugbear virus was
contained in that attachment you could be infected.  IE version 6 and
above no longer open MIME attachments, which provides you with the
security of personally scrutinizing the attachment before opening it.

I use Netscape 6.2 and I notice that these MIME attachments do not even
show up as attachments.  However if I "view message source", then I can
see the MIME attachment with its title (which can vary, as can the email
content).  Do not assume that because the attachment title is something
sounding safe that it is.

In fairness to others here, who may find this off topic thread getting
too long, if you have other questions you may wish to use private email.

Art