[filmscanners] Re: Note to pre-1999 VueSmart purchasers of VueScan

Yes Art, I agree.  However, that may be better than the product being left
to wither away.  The point is that many have invested a lot of time learning
how to use VueScan to good advantage and, with Hamrick Software being a 'one
man band', users are very susceptible to Ed's - or his makers - whims.

Remember when Ed dropped support for VueScan on the Mac because a few users
didn't like the GUI?  I would rather see the product developed on a more
stable base and, if that costs some money, that's OK with me.

Bob

Art wrote:

You can be pretty sure that if Ed sells his business/software products
(and it has been considered in the past, as I understand), all bets
would be off as to what contractual agreements would continue.  I'd
imagine, in such a case, more likely the opposite would occur.  The name
would be changed to discontinue the contractual agreement with the
product, even if the product was not changed. I'd image, if nothing
else, the interface and splash screens would be redesigned.

Art