[filmscanners] Re: over resolving scans

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 03:49:32PM +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Austin writes:
>
> > B&W films have very LOW density ranges in the
> > overall spectrum of density ranges of films.
>
> I see completely opaque and completely clear areas on my Tech Pan negatives.
> I don't see how anything could get much wider than that.

Come on now, Tech Pan is a bit of an exception in the B&W world is it not?
Using that film to form a generalisation for B&W films doesn't strike me as
appropriate. Most B&W films do not go beyond 2.0 density which is handled by
all but the most incapable scanners.

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk