[filmscanners] Re: Best software for underexposed image

I'm sure those more experienced than I am will give you a more
precise answer, but with dramatically underexposed images my
guess would be you would scan once for the shadows and again
for the highlights, then combine the images in Photoshop or some
other image editing program, using masks and blending modes to
achieve a more normalized image. Regardless of the scanning software,
I think you'd likely still have to do further adjustments post-scan
and would have the best chance with two versions of the image.

- David