[filmscanners] Re: Minolta Scan Dual III - new

OK, one more comment.  Minolta mentions that the Dual Scan II has three
new software features, one a color management system for "maintaining
color with different monitors", two, something labeled Pixel Polish,
which is supposed to do something like ROC, returning color to faded or
off color images, and a software automatic dust removal, which I assume
is not dICE, which is offered on the Elite II.

SOunds like most of this could be upgraded on the Scan II (other than
the higher A/D conversion, via new firmware and software.  Considering
Minolta's current status among their current owners, I strongly suggest
they offer this upgrade free of charge to their current Scan II dual owners.

Art