[filmscanners] RE: Thumbnails looking flat

Yes, thanks.
Of course, the scans are sharpened (if necessary) prior to Save for Web, but
I was talking about
color flatness (perhaps can be considered as lack of saturation or
contrast).
Other web site I looked at featured really punchy thumbnails (as well the
full-sized images) being very colorful and pleasing to see.
My original scans are looking good in this respect, but something is wrong
after they being saved for web usage.

Oh well, really impressed by your lovely site. Good work.
BTW, I noticed your thumbnails are indeed the same dimensions as I do but
looks way better in terms of colors and clarity. However I noticed their
size is in range of 6-15kB while I strive to keep them as small as 3-4 kB.
Perhaps this is something to do with my problem ?
How do you save you thumbnails (though Save for Web or just regular save in
PS while resizing to the targeted size) ?

Regards,
Alex Z