[filmscanners] SS4000 mirror cleaning

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] SS4000 mirror cleaning
  • From: "HPA" <tom@historicphotoarchive.com>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:18:56 -0700

Camera repairman said to use lens cleaning tissue only, nothing else.

> Art wrote:
> Does he suggest a specific type of tissue (like a Kim-wipe?), or just as
> soft a one as possible (again with NO pressure)

to answer another item: The brush that came with your scanner has very
little to do with the optical system cleaning, it gets big stuff off the
light source but not the optical mirror or anything important.

I think a few posts went by from persons who missed part of the thread about
how to tell if your Polaroid SS4000 needs cleaning or how to do it.  If you
missed out, please post me privately.  If a lot of people need information I
will post a summary to the group, otherwise I will just answer questions
off-list and close the thread.  Thanks.
--
Thomas Robinson
441 NE Jarrett St.