From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of HMSDOC@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 1:10 PM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: film scanner

<<can anyone tell me if they've actually used and/or read any reviews on the
polaroid sprintscan 4000 plus?>>

I have one and have been quite happy with it.   I find the Firewire
connection extremely fast.  The shadow noise is exceedingly low and
sharpness
also excellent.   My slides are all new so I don't particularly miss the IR
cleaning, though that would be nice.  I am a relative novice so am not sure
can give you real 'technical' data or evaluation but would be glad to help
you out if you have specific questions.

The only thing that I don't like has more to do with the software.  I get a
greenish color cast that is easy to fix in PS with the Polaroid software
that
I do not get with VueScan.

Howard