[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 fixes to improve quality--dust removal

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: SS4000 fixes to improve quality--dust removal
  • From: "HPA" <tom@historicphotoarchive.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:58:58 -0700

Yes this is the mirror that needs to be clean.  Your can of compressed air
should do a fine job of cleaning it.  Be sure to put the scanner ON ITS SIDE
because when you hold those spray cans at an angle, weird stuff comes out of
it.  Be sure to hold the can upright straight, and use that little hose that
comes with it.  It should clean right up, I know it took a 40lb air pressure
on my compressor to clean mine.  Good luck.
Tom Robinson