[filmscanners] Printer left on or off?

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Printer left on or off?
  • From: "DaleH" <dhoff@margnat.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:24:03 -0400

Am I saving ink by leaving my printer on?
What happens when you turn your printer off? on? with regard to the
head maintenance?
I thought that there was a cleaning stage at startup and/or shutdown
only at which time ink was sacrificed, and that keeping the printer
on kept the head parked and sealed, thus saving ink.
Does the printer ever give itself a head cleaning if left on unattended?
I have a 3000 and a C80 but wonder if all Epsons turn on and off the same way.
Are there any disadvantages to leaving the printer on all of the time?
DaleH