[filmscanners] RE: "Halo" Effect

In contacting Polaroid -- my experience has been (here in the US) that
its best to call them rather than email.

-----Original Message-----
From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Joe Pedit
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 7:24 AM
To: bkubiak@attbi.com
Subject: [filmscanners] "Halo" Effect

Art and Laurie,

Thank you for your additional suggestions.  I have access to a
Sprintscan 35ES at work so I'll try scanning the Provia 100F slide with
it to see if I get red and blue flares like I do with my SS4000.  I also
installed Vuescan so I'll try that approach as well.  I did contact
Polaroid about the issue, but they never responded -- I'll have to try
them again.  There are many astrophotographers who are successfully
scanning astro slides without flaring so it may very well be a problem
with my unit.

Thanks again for the help.
Joe