[filmscanners] Re: Upgrade Polaroid SS35+ to 4000?

At 05:32 PM 8/19/2002, you wrote:
>snip
>Thanks, Victor. I'm glad to know that it will work under 2000. You are correct
>about the merits of 2K and I did consider it but I am hesitant to upgrade
>to an
>OS that is already old. It is very time consuming to upgrade an OS and I'm
>afraid that in the near future I will want to install something that will only
>run on XP. For example, does 2K support USB 2.0?
>
>Nick

Nick,
Win2k doesn't have USB2 support built in.  Most USB2 cards include their
own Win2k drivers -- it's a lot less "foriegn" to add USB2 to Win2k than,
say, adding the original USB to Win95.  An Adaptec card is doing fine for
me (in the unfriendly environment of a 3 year old, Win2k, dual processor
server).  There are plenty of other good ones.

Concerns about "only on XP" vs the established Win2k depend on what you
expect to run.  For quite a while any peripheral or software developer who
only goes for XP customers is throwing out a huge potential market.

BobG