[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Mon 19 Aug,2002

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Mon 19 Aug,2002
  • From: "Jonathan Ratzlaff" <jonathanr@clrtech.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:19:49 -0700

At 12:00 AM 02/08/19 +0100, you wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I had a photosmart scanner that exhibited this effect.  There is a bit of a
same problem with my scan speed scanner however it is not as pronounced.
It seems to be most prevalent when I would scan from a bright part of the
image into a dark part.  turning the slide around so that the dark part
would scan first seemed to improve the situation.  i assume it has
something to do with the ccd sensor being overloaded in the thin part of
the slidee and then taking some time to adjust.
If it occurs around the bright part, it may mean that the lens in the
scanner needs cleaning.  There may be an accumulation of scunge on it that
is causing the image to flare slightly.

the reason that you do not see this with negatives is that the density
range in the negative is so much less that even the thinnest part of the
negative does not overload the CCD and there is not enough difference
between the thinnest and densest part of the image to create a problem.